Community Giving Funding Application Instructions
New Funding Request — Instructions for Online Application
Grant funding is for program-focused initiatives or for general operating support. Grants provide support to programs and organizations that align with BCBSNM’s mission to promote health and wellness in the communities we serve. Only 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible to apply.
Sponsorship funding is usually for an event that contributes to a charity or organization and also provides visibility for BCBSNM in the communities we serve. Sponsorships do not require 501(c)(3) status.
Before completing an online application, please ensure your organization qualifies to apply for funding. See "Who Can Apply" and "Exclusions" on the Community Giving page.
If you meet the eligibility guidelines, follow these steps:
1. Start a new online application using one of the links below. Sign in to access the application. New applicants: Please select "I am a new online applicant" and take note of your login information (e-mail and password – you will need this to access your account in the future).
- Grant Funding Request – start a new online application
- Sponsorship Funding Request – start a new online application
2. Enter your organization’s tax ID number (required).
3. Complete the eligibility quiz. If you meet the eligibility guidelines, the five-page online application will appear.
- Please read and follow the application directions. If you have any questions, e-mail us.
- Please read the entire application before entering information into the fields.
- Printing a hard copy to review may be helpful. To print a copy of the application, select the "Printer Friendly Version" option at the top of any page
4. Enter information in all the boxes on the five screens of the online application.
- Required information is noted with an asterisk.
- If information is missing in one of the required fields, when you click "Next," a message will display that required information is missing.
- You cannot submit your application until all required information is supplied.
- You cannot edit your application after it is submitted.
5. If applicable, upload your supporting documents.
- You cannot add documents to your application after it is submitted.
6. If you need to leave the site and complete your application later, click on the "Save and Finish Later" button at any time.
7. Click on the "Review and Submit" button when your application is complete.
Confirmation: You will receive an electronic acknowledgement after you submit your online application. The e-mail will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you have a SPAM blocker or firewall, the e-mail may be sent to your SPAM folder — please check that folder if you do not receive your application acknowledgement. It is your responsibility to see if your computer will block the confirmation e-mail.
"Save and Finish Later" : If you are unable to complete your application after you start it, you may save your work and return to the application later through a link that will be sent to the e-mail address you use to set up your account. Applicants must check their e-mail to access the link.
Note: If your e-mail provider does not accept messages from contacts not in your address book, please add email@example.com to your address book or "safe list." If you do not do this, you may not receive the confirmation e-mail.
Quick Tip: If you create an account when you choose to save and finish an application later, be sure to save the Web address (URL) to your browser favorites. Also, it is critical that you remember your user ID and password for future access to your account.
Applicants will be notified within 4–6 weeks of the status of their application.