Assistance Available for Members Impacted by Hurricane Sandy
During a natural disaster, you never know where you may end up. We at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) understand that many of our members living or traveling on the East Coast may be displaced as a result of Hurricane Sandy.
BCBSNM is prepared to help members who have been displaced by:
- Explaining the options for accessing care
- Helping to locate a BCBS network provider
- Working to ensure transition of care or continuity of care needs are identified
Please follow these helpful tips:
- For an emergency situation, you should go directly to the nearest hospital.
- For non-emergency care needs, you can call the customer service number on the back of your member ID card to locate a network provider.
- When arriving at the participating doctor's office or hospital, you will need to present a BCBSNM ID card.
- If you have misplaced your member ID card, need help finding care or have coverage questions, our customer service representatives will assist you. You can also log in to Blue Access for MembersSM on the BCBSNM website or access our mobile site to search for a doctor, access your ID card and more.
- BlueCard participants can call the National BlueCard access number to be routed to the appropriate customer service center.
Important Blue Cross Phone Numbers
- BCBSNM Customer Service for all group plan members: 800-432-0750
- BCBSNM Customer Service for individual/family policyholders: 866-236-1702
- BCBSNM Customer Service for Medicare Supplement policyholders: 800-307-8144
- Federal Employee Information: 800-245-1609
- National BlueCard access: 800-810-BLUE (2583)
American Red Cross