Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico Introduces a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan to its Medicare Offering for the 2013 Annual Enrollment Period
Medicare Beneficiaries Now Have a Choice and Access to Coordinated Care and Additional Benefits
Medicare beneficiaries in New Mexico now have another option for health care coverage that provides them additional choice, flexibility and coordinated care. Health Care Service Corporation, parent company to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM), is introducing Blue Medicare Advantage (HMO)SM, a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan (MAPD) that expands its Medicare offerings in Bernalillo and Sandoval counties.
"We are extremely pleased to make Blue Medicare AdvantageSM available to Medicare-eligible beneficiaries in New Mexico," said Jeff Tikkanen, SVP and President, Retail Markets. "The addition of this plan to our portfolio of products provides another option for Medicare beneficiaries to choose the most cost effective plan based on their individual needs."
The Blue Medicare Advantage Plan is a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan with low monthly premiums, access to our broad array of physicians and hospitals in our extensive network and predictable copays for prescription medications. It's referred to as an "all in one plan." Additionally, we will continue to offer our other Medicare offerings, Blue Medicare Supplement and Blue MedicareRx (Part D)*.
The Blue Medicare Advantage Plan features a wide range of benefits including:
- $0 monthly premium
- A HMO plan that includes coverage for preventive care services
- Coverage for doctor and hospital visits and prescription medications through the convenience of one plan and a single ID card
- Low copays for visits to primary care doctors
- Expansive formulary of prescription drugs and convenient access to pharmacies nationwide with copays for preferred generics as low as $3
- The option for customers to receive prescription medications through both retail and mail order services, providing the most convenience and comfort depending on what is most appropriate for their personal situation
- Preventive care and additional services including physical exams and immunizations at no additional costs
- Products and services provided through a financially sound company with established and dedicated resources to successfully meet the needs of Medicare-eligible beneficiaries
(NOTE: The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information contact the plan. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1 of each year.)
Beginning on October 15, 2012, Medicare-eligible individuals can enroll in the Blue Medicare Advantage plan for a January 1, 2013, effective date. Blue Medicare Advantage is an alternative to original Medicare, not a supplement plan.
To be eligible for Blue Medicare Advantage beneficiaries must be enrolled in Medicare Part B, live in the service area and continue to pay their Medicare Part B premium.
For more information about enrolling, visit www.mybluemapd.com or call 1-877-583-8128, (TTY/TDD: 711), 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., 7 days a week to speak to a Medicare product specialist.
* HCSC's wholly-owned subsidiary, HCSC Insurance Services Company (HISC), contracts with CMS for Part D.
HISC is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract.
H3822_MRK_TMP_NM_PRLSE13 Approved 09262012
About Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico:
With 300,000 members and serving another 100,000 New Mexicans through the nationwide BlueCard® Program, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico is the largest commercial membership health insurer in New Mexico. Since 1940, BCBSNM has been committed to promoting the health and wellness of its members and communities through accessible, cost-effective, quality health care. BCBSNM is a Division of Health Care Service Corporation, the country's largest customer-owned health insurer and fourth largest health insurer overall. Health Care Service Corporation is a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Becky Kenny, 505-816-2012 or 505-999-8806, Becky_Kenny@bcbsnm.com