Blue Access for Employers

Blue TransitionsSM Benefit Information


Blue Transitions offers benefits that include, but are not limited to:

  • Office visits for diagnosis and treatment
  • No referrals necessary
  • Ability to choose your own in-network provider*
  • Emergency care and ambulance services
  • Hospital room and board
  • Diagnostic services including x-rays and lab work
  • Prescription drug coverage, including retail and mail-order services
  • Coverage for prosthetics, orthotics, durable medical equipment, and medical supplies
  • Short-term rehabilitation therapy (physical, speech, occupational therapy, skilled nursing facility)
  • Chemotherapy, dialysis, radiation therapy
  • Help accessing PPO providers nationwide through the BlueCard® program
  • 24/7 Nurseline
  • Online resources so your employee can access his or her account and claims information, research comprehensive health and wellness information, search for providers, and more

* All covered services (except for emergencies) must be received from Preferred Providers (doctors, hospitals, and other providers contracted as Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO providers). Once the member has met the plan deductible, Blue Transitions covers 70 percent of covered charges. The member pays the remaining 30 percent (coinsurance). Once the coinsurance payments reach the out-of-pocket limit, all covered services are paid at 100 percent (excluding prescription drugs and other items covered under the drug plan).

Please note: Blue Transitions does not provide benefits for maternity (including any pregnancy-related condition), behavioral health services, chemical dependency treatment, routine physicals and other preventive care, acupuncture, or chiropractic services.

View and print Blue Transitions benefit information:

The benefit information listed above is available as PDF files. If you do not have Adobe® Reader®, download it free of charge at Adobe's site . Please note that the Benefit Booklet is a large file and may take longer to download (depending on your Internet connection speed).

Learn More About Blue Transitions

Overview
Downloadable Forms
FAQs

 

Back to main Employers page