Blue Access for Employers

Blue TransitionsSM
Short-Term/Travel EPO


Temporarily Uninsured?
Your employees can choose Blue Transitions for peace of mind...

Accidents and unexpected illnesses can happen to anyone. That's why people who are temporarily uninsured need immediate coverage with Blue Transitions, a short-term/travel health insurance plan from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM). This Exclusive Provider Option (EPO) plan lets your employees choose from 3 deductible options and decide how long they need the coverage — from 1 to 11 months.

Blue Transitions is designed to fit your employees’ budget while providing the peace of mind that they are receiving reliable health care coverage and protection from unexpected health expenses. They get help accessing PPO providers nationwide through the BlueCard® program, as well as up to $2 million in covered benefits per person. BCBSNM pays 70 percent and your employees pay 30 percent of eligible expenses after they meet the deductible.

Is Blue Transitions right for your employees?

Your employees can consider this short-term/travel plan for themselves and their dependents if they are:

  • Waiting for their employer's health insurance coverage to take effect
  • Traveling or temporarily working/residing somewhere other than their permanent residence
  • A recent college graduate or a dependent reaching the maximum age limit under a parent's health plan and needing affordable coverage until able to obtain other BCBSNM coverage
  • Between jobs
  • Working a seasonal or part-time job

Eligibility and Enrollment

Your employees are eligible for Blue Transitions if they are:

  • A New Mexico resident
  • A U.S. citizen or a permanent resident living in the U.S. at least two years
  • At least 60 days old or under 65 years old
  • Not currently pregnant
  • Not anticipating adding newborns or children to the policy
  • An unmarried dependent child at least 60 days old or under 25 years old
  • Not on Medicare or Medicaid

To enroll in this health plan, your employees can submit an application . No medical screening is required. Blue Transitions does not provide benefits for maternity (including any pregnancy-related condition), behavioral health services or chemical dependency treatment.

To pay future premiums on a monthly basis, your employees must submit a completed Automatic Premium Payment Authorization Agreement  with their application to authorize BCBSNM to automatically deduct the monthly premium amount from their checking or savings account.

* All covered services (except for emergencies) must be received from Preferred Providers (doctors, hospitals, and other providers contracted as Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO providers). Once members have met the plan deductible, Blue Transitions covers 70 percent of covered charges. Members pay the remaining 30 percent (coinsurance). Once the member's coinsurance payments reach the out-of-pocket limit, all covered services are paid at 100 percent (excluding prescription drugs and other items covered under the drug plan).

Learn More About Blue Transitions

Benefit Information
Downloadable Forms
FAQs

 

Back to main Employers page