Your clients can choose Blue Transitions for peace of mind...
Accidents and unexpected illnesses can happen to anyone. That's why people who are temporarily uninsured need immediate coverage with Blue Transitions, a short-term/travel health insurance plan from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM). This Exclusive Provider Option (EPO) plan lets your clients choose from 3 deductible options and decide how long they need the coverage — from 1 to 11 months.
Blue Transitions is designed to fit your clients' budget while providing the peace of mind that they are receiving reliable health care coverage and protection from unexpected health expenses. Your clients get help accessing PPO providers nationwide through the BlueCard® program, as well as up to $2 million in covered benefits per person. BCBSNM pays 70 percent and your clients pay 30 percent of eligible expenses after they meet the deductible. Your clients can rely on short-term coverage from a health insurance company know and trust.
Is Blue Transitions right for your clients?
Your clients should consider this short-term/travel plan for themselves and their dependents if they are:
- Traveling or temporarily working/residing somewhere other than their permanent residence
- A recent college graduate or a dependent reaching the maximum age limit under a parent's health plan and needing affordable coverage until able to obtain other BCBSNM coverage
- Between jobs
- Working a seasonal or part-time job
- Waiting for their employer's health insurance coverage to take effect
Freedom of Choice
With this short-term/travel coverage, your clients:
- Choose from a $500, $1000, or $2000 deductible
- Choose a coverage period of 1-11 months
- See specialists with no referral required (prior approval required for some services)
- Choose from the most comprehensive provider network in New Mexico
- Do not have to file claims with Preferred Providers (Except in an emergency, members must see health care providers in our PPO network to receive benefits; services from out-of-network providers are not covered except for emergencies. See the Benefit Booklet for more details.)
Eligibility and Enrollment
Your clients are eligible for Blue Transitions if they are:
- A New Mexico resident
- A U.S. citizen or a permanent resident living in the U.S. at least two years
- At least 60 days old or under 65 years old
- Not currently pregnant
- Not anticipating adding newborns or children to the policy
- An unmarried dependent child at least 60 days old or under 25 years old
- Not on Medicare or Medicaid
To enroll in this health plan, your clients can submit an application *. No medical screening is required. Blue Transitions does not provide benefits for maternity (including any pregnancy-related condition) or mental health (including substance/alcohol abuse).
To pay future premiums on a monthly basis, your clients must submit a completed Automatic Premium Payment Authorization Agreement with their application to authorize BCBSNM to automatically deduct the monthly premium amount from your checking or savings account.
For more information about our plans for individuals, please contact BCBSNM Customer Service toll-free at (800) 432-0750.
* Note:The application is available as a PDF. If you do not have Adobe® Reader®, download it free of charge at Adobe's site .
Learn More About Blue Transitions
Prospective Producers: To apply to become a contracted producer, see our Prospective Producers page.