The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the Federal agency that administers the Medicare Part D program, have developed guidelines to ensure that Medicare eligible beneficiaries receive the most accurate information available. Before marketing, selling or servicing Blue MedicareRx prospects and/or members, producers must complete certain training and certification requirements.
HISC Training and Certification Program
Blue MedicareRx Training and Certification Program includes the following courses and exams:
- Sales Agent Requirements
- Medicare Basics
- Medicare Rules and Regulations
- Blue MedicareRx Product
- Contractual Requirements and Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training for the PDP
- All required courses and associated documents are in one location
- Your 9 digit Producer ID will be your login and password
- Free of charge
- 5 hours of continuing education (CE) credits (learn how these credits are submitted to the Department of Insurance for you)
- Each exam must be passed at a level of at least 85% in no more than three attempts. Failure to pass the exam in 3 attempts will result in restriction from further system access and you will not be able to market, sell or receive renewal or commission payments
2013 AHIP Training Program
The courses available for 2013 include:
- Understanding Medicare Basics
- Rules and Regulations
Completion of the AHIP course only fulfills Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) Medicare Basics and Medicare Rules and Regulations courses and exam requirements.
- Credit for the AHIP courses counts towards other health plans offering Medicare Part D
- Be sure to access AHIP to submit credit to HCSC for this course
- You are allowed three attempts to pass the AHIP exam at 90%. If you fail the AHIP exam 3 times, you will not be allowed to take the HCSC course and exam in its place
- $100 course fee
- TBD number of hours of continuing education (CE) credits Learn How AHIP files these with the Department of Insurance for you
REMEMBER: After completing the AHIP courses and exams, you still need to complete the BCBSNM Blue MedicareRx course and other requirements. Upon notification of your AHIP completion, we will contact you with instructions on how to access these requirements.