Advantages of Electronic Funds Transmission (EFT), Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA), and Electronic Payment Summary (EPS)?
- No more lost or stolen checks
- Quicker access to your funds
- Increased security of information
- Less time spent on claims tracking
- Expedited patient account reconciliation
- Easier retrieval of archived data
Electronic Solutions Simplified
- EFT is a secure method of claims payment. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico electronically transfers funds directly into the bank account of your choice.
- ERA is an electronic file that explains claim payment and remittance information. The ERA is received the day after claim finalization. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act compliant format can be automatically posted to your patient accounting system.
- EPS is an electronic print image of the Provider Claim Summary (PCS). It provides the same payment information as a paper PCS. It is received in your office the same day your ERA is delivered.
To request one-on-one training email us. Please include name and telephone number.
To enroll for EFT
- Download the EFT Agreement
- Mail your completed form and attachments to Blue Cross and Blue Shield as indicated on the form
- Upon approval, you'll receive a letter with your effective date
To enroll for ERA or EPS
- Register with Availity
- Check with your software vendor to confirm ERA-compatibility/auto-posting programs
- Download the ERA Enrollment Form
- Fax or mail your completed form to Availity, as indicated on the form
Contact your network representative if you need assistance.
Contact our Electronic Commerce Center at 800-746-4614 for support with technical EFT, ERA, and EPS issues that cannot be addressed by your billing service, clearinghouse or software vendor.
For assistance with the Availity registration process, call Availity Client Services at 800-282-4548, or send an email to info@availity.