Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System
Enjoy the Convenience of Self-Service Inquiry Resolution
Our IVR system uses voice recognition and touch-tone technology so that you can obtain automated information on member eligibility, benefits or adjust a claim. All you need to do is speak your request – the IVR does the rest.
- You may access the IVR by calling our Provider Service Unit (PSU) at 1-888-349-3706. Hours of availability are: Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. (MT), and Saturday, 5:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (MT).
- Simply provide your National Provider Identifier (NPI) when prompted* (you may speak or enter your information by touch-tone).
- Physician or solo practitioner must use the Type 1 NPI number.
- Physicians or practitioners that have incorporated with both a Type 1 & Type 2 NPI issues must use the Type 1 NPI number.
- Physicians or practitioners that are part of a group practice must use the rendering provider's (Type 1) NPI number.
- Radiologists, anesthesiologists and other medical providers must use the Type 1 NPI number.
- Medical Groups must use the rendering provider's Type 1 NPI for the rendering provider.
- DME suppliers must use the type 2 NPI for the specific location.
- Labs and other ancillary providers must use type 2 NPI for the entity.
- Facilities must use the Type 2 NPI number.
To request one-on-one training email us. Please include name and telephone number.
* Providers who do not have an NPI or are calling from out-of-state may speak or enter their tax ID number (TIN) when prompted by the IVR; however, these providers will only be able to obtain limited information. If your NPI or TIN is unrecognized or invalid, you will have partial or no access to member eligibility, benefits or claims status via the IVR system. Instead, you will be routed to a limited menu that includes instructions on how to obtain an NPI.
** The NPI guidelines were established to help support and clarify the use of NPI numbers when inquiring about eligibility and benefits as well as claim status for BCBSNM members.