Medicaid - BlueSaludSM
Welcome to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico's BlueSalud, a Medicaid plan which focuses on breaking down the financial, cultural, and linguistic barriers preventing low-income families and individuals from accessing health care. BlueSalud maintains and monitors a network of participating providers including physicians, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, ancillary providers, and other health care providers through which members obtain covered services.
Participating physicians, professional providers, and facility providers are requested to submit claims to BlueSalud within 90 days of the date of service, using the standard CMS-1500 or UB04 claim form, or electronically. Services billed beyond 180 days from the date of service are not eligible for reimbursement.
Participating physicians, professional providers, and facility providers may not seek payment from the member for claims submitted after the 180-day filing deadline.
To join our BlueSalud network, follow the process for Network Participation.
- BlueSalud Provider Reference Manual
- Cultural Competency Training for BlueSalud-Contracted Providers
- Medical Records Documentation Standards
- Provider Directory
- Sample ID Card – Front and Back
- BlueSalud Notice of Birth* – Form and Instructions
- BlueSalud Referral and Transition of Care Request
- New Mexico Human Services Department* – Salud!
Please note that some of the information above is available as PDF files. If you do not have Adobe® Reader®, download it free of charge at Adobe's site .
*We do our best to ensure that the information on the other health-related Web sites listed above is useful, but can't be responsible for the content of those sites or any information you may take from them (please read our legal disclaimer). When you click on a choice above, it will open in a new window so that you can explore that site without having to leave here. When you are through visiting the other site, you can close that window and return to the BCBSNM site.
- BlueSalud Drug List Limitations, Exclusions, and Prior Authorization Criteria
- Drug List – Therapeutic Class with Alphabetic Index
- Drug List Updates
- Rx Drug Preauthorization Form
- Specialty Pharmacy Fax Form
- Synagis Prior Authorization Form
- Suboxone or Subutex Prior Authorization Form
The information listed above is available as PDF files. If you do not have Adobe® Reader®, download it free of charge at Adobe's site.