Health and Wellness
Take charge of your health. Let us help you. Do you want to find the right resources, save money, and manage your medical conditions? We offer programs and resources with your well-being in mind.
- Disease Management – Are you at risk for or already have a chronic condition such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease? Our team of registered nurses and other health care professionals are ready to help. They will work with you and your doctor.
- Case Management – If you are in the hospital, or recently in the emergency room (ER), a case manager may call to help coordinate any care you might need. He or she can help you understand your condition and treatment. We want to make sure you get the care your doctor recommends.
- 24/7 Nurseline – If you have questions, our nurses have answers. This help line is staffed 24 hours a day with registered nurses. You can get answers to your health questions when you need them. If an unexpected medical situation arises, a nurse can help you decide if you should call your doctor, visit the ER or urgent care, or treat the problem yourself.
- Special Beginnings® – Our maternity program provides expectant moms with educational information and support through early pregnancy until 6 weeks after delivery.
- Tobacco Cessation Program – Need help to quit smoking? This wellness program can help.
- Blue365® Member Discount Program – We want to help you take care of yourself every day of the year. That's why BCBSNM health plan members have access to Blue365. This site is a resource for health-focused discounts.
- Ombudsman Specialist — Are you having difficulty coordinating your health care? Are you unable to get services that you believe are covered under your plan benefits? The Ombudsman Specialist may be able to help. An Ombudsman Specialist can speak up for your rights and help you receive the benefits of your Blue Cross Community Centennial health plan. The Ombudsman Specialist will look into and address member issues without taking sides. Following New Mexico's Medicaid guidelines and using BCBSNM resources, the Ombudsman Specialist will work to resolve your issues.
Don't forget to talk with your PCP about how to stay fit and eat right. There are recommended health screenings for adults and kids. Here are guidelines to help you manage your care. Ask your doctor about what screenings you might need.