Blue Cross Community Centennial includes prescription drug coverage. This plan goes by a list of approved drugs. The list is called a "drug list" or "drug formulary." BCBSNM will pay for medicines on this list.
The Drug List includes both brand name and generic drugs. Generics have the same active ingredients as brand name drugs. Generic drugs usually cost less than brand name drugs. Generics are rated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be as safe and effective as brand name drugs.
View our Drug List below to see if your prescriptions are covered. Certain drugs on the list need approval ("preauthorization"). Your doctor will need to send BCBSNM a request before these drugs can be prescribed. If your doctor wants you to have a drug that is not on the list, he or she can send a request for approval to BCBSNM.
See the Drug List and your Member Handbook for more details about Rx coverage.
BCBSNM contracts with most pharmacies. You must get your drugs at a contracted retail pharmacy. Locate one of these pharmacies using the link below. You can also call Customer Service at 1-866-689-1523 to find a pharmacy close to you. Be sure to give your Blue Cross Community Centennial ID card to the pharmacist at the time of purchase to receive benefits.
Do you take certain medicines on a regular basis? You can order the drugs that you take long-term or every day from home and have them delivered.
My PrimeMail is a mail-service pharmacy that offers:
- Up to a 90-day supply at one time
- A notice when your order is received and when your prescription is sent (by email or over the phone, whichever you prefer)
- Three ways to order refills: online, by phone or through the mail
Please keep in mind that in order for your prescription to be covered, Blue Cross Community Centennial members must use our Drug List.
- Patient Medication List Form – Keep a record of your medications to share with your doctor
- PrimeMail Rx Mail-Order Flier
- PrimeMail New Prescription Order Form
- PrimeMail Refill Prescription Order Form
- Medicaid Prescription Drug Claim Form
- Drug Prior Authorization Request Form — To begin your preauthorization request, print the pharmacy preauthorization form here. Your doctor will need to fill out the form, sign it, and return it to BCBSNM.
For more information about BCBSNM Medicaid Rx drug benefits:
- Members – call 866-689-1523
- Providers – call 888-349-3706