BlueEdgeSM HCA Benefit Information
BlueEdge gives your employees freedom of choice, flexibility, a broad range of benefits, and the most comprehensive provider network in New Mexico. Across the country, PPO networks are linked through the BlueCard® program, so your employees get help accessing doctors or hospitals when traveling, living, working, or studying anywhere in the United States.
When BCBSNM members receive care from contracting PPO network doctors and hospitals:
- Benefits are paid at the highest level
- There are no claim forms to complete
- They are not responsible for any charges above the Blue Cross and Blue Shield negotiated fee or allowable amount
- They do not need a referral to see the doctor of their choice
- Once PPO coverage begins, their only other out-of-pocket expenses are any plan-specific coinsurance payments for covered benefits, plus any charges for non-covered services
They can always choose to receive care from doctors and hospitals outside the network, but benefits will be paid at a lower level
- Plan Highlights
- Benefit Booklet (for groups that have not yet renewed in 2016)
- Benefit Booklet (for groups that had an original effective date in 2016 or have renewed in 2016)
Within one month of enrollment, your employees can expect a call from a BlueEdge expert to help them better understand BlueEdge and how to maximize the benefits of BlueEdge. The welcome call provides your employees with a convenient opportunity to get answers to questions they may have about their health plan.
Learn More About BlueEdge HCA