ALBUQUERQUE — Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) is donating $100,000 to the All Together New Mexico Fund to support wildfire relief efforts. The funds will go to emergency shelter, food and water distribution, and other critical services to help people across New Mexico who have been affected by the wildfires.
“At BCBSNM, we are committed to supporting our fellow New Mexicans,” said Janice Torrez, BCBSNM president. “That’s why we’re donating needed supplies and funds to those impacted by the disastrous wildfires in our state. We are part of this community and here to assist our members and neighbors.”
BCBSNM has also made donations of food, clothing and other needed supplies to support the relief efforts. Additionally, BCBSNM employees will be delivering items to fire relief efforts through an employee donation drive for clothing, baby care products, toiletries, food and other needed supplies.
Our members’ well-being is at the forefront of everything we do at BCBSNM, and we are committed to serving those affected by the wildfires. We are currently reaching out to impacted members to assist with their medical and pharmacy needs. Information is posted on bcbsnm.com, and our customer care representatives are ready to assist our members.
Here's how we are helping impacted members:
- Helping members obtain needed care and medical services
- Waiving cost-sharing requirements
- Waiving prior authorization to see an out-of-network provider
- Covering out-of-network services
- Proactively reaching out to members for care coordination
- Refilling prescriptions early if member has Prime Therapeutics
- Coordinating transition of care