ALBUQUERQUE — Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico in collaboration with the Gallup Cultural Center is sponsoring a Health Day on Saturday, July 15 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Gallup Cultural Center in Gallup. The event is no cost and open to everyone.
The event will feature no-cost screenings, community resource information and activities for the entire family.
"This event will bring several services together for our community and our members,” said Janice Torrez, president of BCBSNM. “The screenings and health resource information will bring preventive care to meet the needs of families in their community.”
Activities will include Zumba demonstrations and Trash to Art classes. Shaved ice will be given to the first 150 attendees.
Screenings will be offered by the following community partners in the BCBSNM Care Van:
- New Mexico Department of Health and McKinley County Public Health will administer vaccines for middle school aged children, including Tdap, Meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4) and HPV
- COVID boosters will be available for all ages
- Utopia Dental will administer no-cost dental screenings and fluoride treatment
- New Mexico Lions Operation KidSight, Inc. will administer no-cost vision screenings
Additionally, the following community partners will be providing resource information:
- Aging & Disability Resource Center with the NM Aging & Long-Term Services Department
- Share Your Care Adult Day Services
- Gallup Community Health
- Gallup Indian Medical Center Patient Benefits Coordinators
- Human Services Department, McKinley County Income Support Division
- McKinley Mutual Aid – Indigenous Life Ways
- Navajo Technical University
About Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico is the largest commercial health insurer in New Mexico with 700,000 New Mexicans carrying a Blue Cross and Blue Shield card. Since 1940, BCBSNM has been committed to promoting the health and wellness of its members and communities through accessible, cost-effective, quality health care. BCBSNM is a Division of Health Care Service Corporation, the country’s largest customer-owned health insurer and fourth largest health insurer overall. Health Care Service Corporation is a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.