The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the Federal agency that administers the Medicare Part D program, have developed guidelines to ensure that Medicare eligible beneficiaries receive the most accurate information available. Before marketing, selling or servicing Blue MedicareRx prospects and/or members, producers must complete certain training and certification requirements.
HISC Training and Certification Program
Blue MedicareRx Training and Certification Program includes the following courses and exams:
- Sales Agent Requirements
- Medicare Basics
- Medicare Rules and Regulations
- Blue MedicareRx Product
- Contractual Requirements and Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training for the PDP
- All required courses and associated documents are in one location
- Your 9 digit Producer ID will be your login and password
- Free of charge
- 5 hours of continuing education (CE) credits (learn how these credits are submitted to the Department of Insurance for you)
- Each exam must be passed at a level of at least 85% in no more than three attempts. Failure to pass the exam in 3 attempts will result in restriction from further system access and you will not be able to market, sell or receive renewal or commission payments
2014 AHIP Training Program
America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
The courses available for 2014 include:
- Rules and Regulations
- Understanding Medicare Basics
Completion of the AHIP course only fulfills BCBSNM Rules & Regulations/Medicare Basics course and exam requirements.
- Credit for the AHIP courses counts towards other health plans offering Medicare Part D
- Be sure to access AHIP to submit credit to HISC for this course
- You are allowed three attempts to pass the AHIP exam at 90%. If you fail the AHIP exam 3 times, you will not be allowed to take the HCSC course and exam in its place
- $100 course fee
- Hours (TBD) of continuing education (CE) credits (learn how AHIP files these with the Department of Insurance for you)
- Upon the September launch, proceed to HCSC/HISC Producer Training and Certification Program to complete the Product and FWA courses and exams, HCSC/HISC Medicare Amendment (where applicable) and HCSC/HISC Producer Certificate.
REMEMBER: After completing the AHIP course and exam, upon the September launch, proceed to HCSC/HISC Producer Training and Certification Program to complete the Product and FWA courses and exams, HCSC/HISC Medicare Amendment (where applicable) and HCSC/HISC Producer Certificate.