Quality Improvement Tip Sheets
Quality measures help ensure our members receive appropriate care. We created tip sheets to help you satisfy quality measures, including Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) measures from the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
Complying with these measures may reduce the need for you to provide medical records later for review.
Prevention and Screening
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Childhood Immunization Status
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Immunizations for Adolescents
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care: Nephropathy
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care: Retinal Eye Exam
- Kidney Health Evaluation for Patients With Diabetes
- Antidepressant Medication Management
- Follow-Up Care for Children Prescribed ADHD Medication
- Follow-Up After Hospitalization for Mental Illness
- Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for Mental Illness
- Diabetes Screening for People With Schizophrenia or Bipolar Disorder Who Are Using Antipsychotic Medications
- Metabolic Monitoring for Children and Adolescents on Antipsychotics
- Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse or Dependence
- Initiation and Engagement of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse or Dependence Treatment
- Use of Opioids From Multiple Providers
Access/Availability of Care
- Appropriate Treatment for Upper Respiratory Infection
- Avoidance of Antibiotic Treatment for Acute Bronchitis/Bronchiolitis
- Use of Imaging Studies for Low Back Pain
Utilization and Risk Adjusted Utilization
The above material is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician. Physicians and other health care providers are encouraged to use their own best medical judgment based upon all available information and the condition of the patient in determining the best course of treatment.
HEDIS is a registered trademark of NCQA. Use of this resource is subject to NCQA’s copyright, found here .