BlueWorldwide Expat Product Terminates November 30, 2012
Effective November 30, 2012, Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurance coverage for members with BlueWorldwide Expat will terminate. These members carry ID cards with Alpha Prefix EXF.
As part of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association’s Blue International Strategy, the BlueWorldwide Expat product will be replaced by Worldwide Insurance Services (doing business as GeoBlueSM, the International Solutions Licensee). As a result, effective Dec. 1, 2012, the Blue System will provide three separate offerings for international travelers and expatriates:
- BlueCard Worldwide® – Part of domestic coverage for local and National Account business
- FEP Overseas – Coverage extended to government employees overseas
- GeoBlue – A Blue-branded Licensee administering the International Solutions Licensee (ISL) products
Remember, to ensure eligibility and benefits, always verify patient coverage prior to rendering services by using one of your electronic technologies, or by calling 1-800-676-BLUE.
- You should not accept ID cards with Alpha Prefix EXF after November 30, 2012. Claims for services rendered after this date will not be reimbursed.
- For services rendered on or before November 30, 2012, submit all claims to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) by April 1, 2013.
- Original claims and adjustments submitted after April 1, 2013, for services provided on or before November 30, 2012, will not be reimbursed through BlueCard®.
If you have any questions, please contact BCBSNM at 1-888-349-3706.