Our automated preauthorization tool — AerialTM iExchange (iExchange)— supports direct submissions and provides online approval of benefits for inpatient admissions and select outpatient services, both benefit preauthorization and concurrent review 24 hours a day, seven days a week – with the exception of every third Sunday of the month when the system will be unavailable from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (MT). iExchange is accessible to physicians, professional providers and facilities contracted with New Mexico.
BCBSNM contracted providers who are registered with AvailityTM can submit electronic preauthorization requests for out-of-area Blue Plan members. For additional information refer to our Pre-Service Review for Out-of-Area Members tip sheet.
New User Setup
You will need a User ID, password and iExchange ID to gain access to the tool.
- If you are a new employee in an office that already uses iExchange, contact your office administrator for a new user name.
- If your office is new to iExchange, you will need to set up an initial administrator account.
- To set up a new account, you must be a network physician, professional provider or facility within New Mexico. If you meet the criteria, complete and submit the online enrollment form.
- You can access iExchange directly or through Availity .
New Account Management
Enrollment confirmation will be sent via email within 10 business days. The assigned User ID is for your office administrator who will also be able to create additional usernames for new staff members. The unique iExchange ID is your office account number—it is the same for all users in your office.
- You will receive a temporary password, which must be changed upon receipt.
- If you forget your password or it has been compromised, use the Forgot Password option on the iExchange Provider login page . Or, ask your office administrator to reset your password for you.
- If you are the iExchange office administrator and you need your password reset, complete and submit the iExchange Password Reset Form.
- All passwords must be changed every 30 days.
The Provider login can be added to your favorites. Transaction requests include inpatient admission requests and extensions, treatment searches, provider or member searches and select outpatient service requests and extensions.
- To search by member ID, key the member ID exactly as it appears on the ID card. Name and date of birth search options are also available.
- Required Data — All fields should be completed for each transaction unless marked "optional."
- Short lists can be created by the administrative users for commonly used provider ID numbers, diagnoses and procedure codes.
iExchange Training: New Enrollee Training
- Jan. 18, 2018 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Feb. 8, 2018 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- March 8, 2018 – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
iExchange Training: Predetermination Requests
Training will focus on submission of Predetermination Requests for inpatient and outpatient services. In addition, we will also cover how to retrieve status of predeterminations request via the iExchange portal.
- Questions? Email our iExchange Help Desk
- Request iExchange training - Please include name and telephone number.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, L.L.C., a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSNM. BCBSNM makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services offered by independent third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services offered by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.
Please note that verification of eligibility and benefits information, and/or the fact that any pre-service review has been conducted, is not a guarantee of payment. Benefits will be determined once a claim is received and will be based upon, among other things, the member’s eligibility and the terms of the member’s certificate of coverage applicable on the date services were rendered.