Getting to Your Appointment
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) contracts with LogistiCare® for transportation services.* This includes rides to and from your doctor's office or a health care facility. You must be receiving covered services. LogistiCare will make sure your medical needs are approved before arranging the ride.
Trips must be medically necessary. Examples include rides to:
- Doctor appointments
Transportation is for Blue Cross Community Centennial members who have no other way to get to a doctor. This means you cannot walk, use mass transit, or drive yourself. If you can take yourself to the doctor, you must do so.
What is covered?
The following services are covered under Blue Cross Community Centennial:
|Covered Service||Preauthorization||Prior Notice to LogistiCare||Can I be reimbursed for this service?|
|Ride to routine appointment (arranged by LogistiCare)||No||3 working days up to two weeks||No. LogistiCare pays for the ride.|
|Ride to behavioral health appintment (arranged by LogistiCare)||No||3 working days up to two weeks||No. LogistiCare pays for the ride.|
|Mass transit||No||4 working days||No. LogistiCare pays for the bus pass.|
|Mileage reimbursement (when not using LogistiCare)||Yes||14 days prior up to the day of appointment||Yes. You can be paid 50 cents per mile. You must meet the guidelines in order to be reimbursed.|
|Meals||Yes||3 working days||Yes. You can be paid up to $18 per day when you are away from home. You must meet the guidelines in order to be reimbursed.|
|Lodging||Yes||3 working days||Yes. You can be paid up to $58 per night on a weekday (in New Mexico). You can be paid up to $81 per night on a weekend or for out-of-state travel on any day. You must meet the guidelines in order to be reimbursed.|
If you need to travel to an approved appointment to another city or state, this plan may cover meals and lodging. All expenses must be coordinated and approved through Logisticare. You will need to fill out expense reports.
What is not covered?
You can only use this service for medical needs. Blue Cross Community Centennial does not cover rides:
- For non-medical needs (examples: to go shopping or to visit a friend)
- To go to a pharmacy or a medical supply store
- To see a provider who is more than 65 miles from where you live (without special authorization from BCBSNM)
- To see a provider who is outside our provider network (without special authorization from BCBSNM)
Contact LogistiCare to Schedule a Ride
- Reservations: 1-866-913-4342
- Ride Assist: 1-866-418-9829 (If you have questions about a ride that you've already scheduled, or if you need to cancel your ride)
- Hearing Impaired (TTY): 1-866-288-3133
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday–Friday
- Closed weekends and holidays
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Transportation Services
View FAQs to learn about requesting or changing a ride.
To learn more about transportation services, see the Member Handbook .
* Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico transportation services are administered by LogistiCare, LLC. Services are funded in part under a contract with the State of New Mexico.