Insurance Is Affordable
The Affordable Care Act has made it easier to get coverage, especially for people who could not afford or get it before. Coverage can be through your employer, or you may buy from an insurance company or agent, or on the Health Insurance Marketplace. If you qualify, you may be able to get coverage through a government program like Medicaid or Medicare.
Most people need to have health insurance or pay a penalty. But the good news is you may be able to get help paying for it through this option:
- Cost sharing assistance — A discount that lowers the amount you pay for your deductible, coinsurance and copayments.
Learn more about health care costs
Need more information? Attend an event and see us in person.
Tips for More Affordable Health Insurance
Keep your health care costs down and save money with these quick and easy tips:
- Choose the right plan — All plans provide the same set of essential health benefits, quality, and amount of care. Where they differ is on how the costs of the benefits are applied. Learn more.
- Know your plan — All plans are different. Before you go for care, make sure you know how your plan works, what’s covered and where to go. It may save you time and money. Learn More
- Stay in your network — Health plans like HMOs and PPOs use a select group of doctors, hospitals and other health care professionals called provider networks. Choose doctors in your network to avoid paying higher out-of-network costs
- Prescriptions — If you have prescription drug coverage, know the details of your plan. In some cases you can save on health care costs by going to certain pharmacies or by using mail order pharmacy services. Also, check to see if there's a generic version of your medicine.
- Use your member perks — Look for member discounts on things like gym memberships and vision services. Check to see if there are special incentive programs for quitting smoking, losing weight, exercising and more.
- Stay Healthy — Do your best to eat right, exercise and get regular health screenings. Encourage all family members to live a healthy lifestyle too.