When reviewing your 2023 health plan options, you may come across a few common types of health insurance, like Individual and Family, Group, Medicare or Medicaid.
If you are looking for maternity coverage, dental services or prescription drug coverage, check out the plan details for different types of health insurance and specific plans to make sure you get the coverage you need.
Individual Health Insurance For You and Your Family
Individual and family health plans are a type of health insurance coverage available for you and your family.
These plans cover a wide range of services and:
- Last a year
- Can usually be renewed
- Meet the essential requirements set by the Affordable Care Act
Affordable Care Act requirements include:
- Emergency services, hospitalization, and preventive care
- Maternity, newborn and pediatric care
- Mental health care & substance abuse treatment
- Lab services, prescription drugs, and disease management
- Rehabilitative services and devices
If you enroll in an Individual and Family health plan, you may be able to get help lowering your monthly bill with a premium tax credit, also known as a subsidy.
If you qualify for a premium tax credit, you can enroll in an on-Exchange plan through beWellnm from November 1, 2022 - January 15, 2023. If you don't qualify for a premium tax credit, you can also enroll directly with a health insurance provider, or off-Exchange, from November 1 - December 15, 2022.
Learn more about getting financial help to lower your monthly bill.