We know your health is important to you.
Below are the most common types of health insurance coverage offered. If you are looking for maternity coverage, dental services or prescription drug coverage, check out the plan details for different types of health insurance and specific plans to make sure you get the coverage you need.
Individual Health Insurance For You and Your Family
Individual and family health plans are a type of health insurance coverage available for people under 65 years and their families.
It covers a wide range of services and:
- Lasts a year
- Usually can be renewed
- Meets the essential requirements set by the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
ACA requirements include:
- Emergency services, hospitalization, and preventive care
- Maternity, newborn and pediatric care
- Mental health care & substance abuse treatment
- Laboratory services, prescription drugs, and disease management
- Rehabilitative services and devices
If you enroll in Individual health insurance and family coverage, you may be able to get help lowering your monthly bill with a premium tax credit, also known as a subsidy, or cost-sharing assistance. If you qualify for a subsidy, you can enroll in an on-Exchange plan through the New Mexico Health Insurance Exchange from November 1, 2021 - January 15, 2022. If you don't qualify for a subsidy, you can also enroll directly with a health insurance provider, or off-Exchange, from November 1 - December 15, 2021.