Our Health Savings Account (HSA) plans put members in charge of their health by empowering them to make their own decisions about how their health care dollars are spent. We provide online tools and resources to help members make wise and informed decisions about their health care and better manage their health care benefits.
The HSA combines a Participating Provider Option (PPO) with a tax-free Health Savings Account (HSA) to help cover the health care costs that members pay out of pocket, such as copays and deductibles. The health plan includes:
- Preventive care for adults and children is covered when using in-network providers (members don't have to meet the deductible to enjoy these benefits)
- Freedom to choose any licensed doctor for covered benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA) funds are used to pay for covered health care expenses; the account can be funded by the member or the employer; PPO-eligible medical costs paid from the HSA count toward the annual deductible
- Online tools help members gain knowledge about health issues and can help them keep track of health care costs
- Have coverage under an HSA-qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP)
- Have no other first-dollar medical coverage (other types of insurance such as specific injury insurance or accident, disability, dental care, vision care or long-term care insurance are allowed)
- Are not enrolled in Medicare
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return
There are other laws about contributions and distributions. Those enrolled in a health plan that includes an HSA should first seek professional tax advice to find out if their situation allows the use of an HSA.
Learn More About BlueEdge HSA:
Spending Account and the Deductible
Prospective Producers: To apply to become a contracted producer, see our Prospective Producers page.