Clinical Practice Guidelines
BCBSNM uses evidence-based clinical guidelines from nationally recognized sources to guide our quality and health management programs. Guidelines are designed to support the decision-making processes in patient care. Recommendations from other national entities may vary.
Clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) distill national recommendations down to clinical guides meant to be more useful for practitioners. Updated at least every two years and reviewed by practicing New Mexico physicians, CPGs are incorporated into our Condition Management Programs. They are meant to serve as general guidelines and are not intended to substitute for clinical judgment in individual cases. The links below provide information about the CPGs.
- Asthma - Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management
- Cardiovascular Disease Guidelines
- Chronic Kidney Disease Guidelines
- COPD – Diagnosis, Management and Prevention
- Diabetes Mellitus – Standards of Care
- Heart Failure Guidelines
- HIV Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Hypertension Guidelines
- Management of Overweight and Obesity in Adults
- Metabolic Syndrome Guidelines
- Sleep Apnea Guidelines
- Tobacco Cessation Guidelines