We’re offering a new support program to certain Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) members who have chronic kidney disease (CKD) or end-stage kidney disease (ESKD), or who are at risk for these diseases. We’re working with Somatus®, a leading value-based kidney care organization, to deliver this program at no extra cost to eligible Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (PPO)℠ and Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (HMO)℠ members.
How This Program Can Help
This program provides eligible members with a personal support team of health professionals to help them manage their kidney disease and actively follow their providers’ treatment plans. The goal is to help improve members’ clinical outcomes and quality-of-life measures, and to slow or stop disease progression. The program offers members:
- One-on-one care to help manage their kidney disease and comorbidities, and to address social determinants of health
- Personal health coaching based on their condition, treatment options and diet
- Help transitioning safely from hospital to home
- Guidance exploring transplant options, if appropriate
- A 24/7 Care Line staffed by Somatus nurses at 855-851-8354, ext. 9
How You Can Help
To find out which patients in your practice are eligible for this program, email email@example.com. Please help us help our members by encouraging your eligible patients to participate.
If you have questions, call Somatus at 855-851-8354 Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mountain time.
Somatus is an independent company that provides care management services for BCBSNM members with CKD and ESKD. Somatus is wholly responsible for its own products and services. BCBSNM makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding third party vendors and the products and services they offer.