Clear Claim ConnectionTM
Clear Claim Connection – C3 – is a free online reference tool that mirrors the logic behind BCBSNM’s code-auditing software, ClaimsXtenTM. You can use C3 to help determine how coding combinations on a particular claim may be evaluated during the adjudication process.
- To gain access to C3, you must be a registered Availity® Provider Portal user. Register with Availity online, or contact Availity Client Services at 800-AVAILITY (282-4548).
- Once you are registered with Availity, follow the steps below to access C3:
- Log into the Availity portal and select Payer Spaces from the navigation menu
- Choose Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico
- Select the Applications tab
- Select Research Procedure Code Edits
To learn more, refer to the C3 for ClaimsXten 6.0 General Information and Instructions for Providers .
Important note: C3 does not contain all claim edits and processes used by BCBSNM in adjudicating claims; and the results from the use of the C3 tool are not a guarantee of the final claim determination.
This information is not applicable to Medicare Advantage members.
ClaimsXten and Clear Claim Connection are trademarks of Change Healthcare, an independent company providing coding software to BCBSNM. Change Healthcare is solely responsible for the software and all the contents. Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSNM. BCBSNM makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors such as Change Healthcare and Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services provided by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.