Blue Care Connection Condition Management Programs are designed to help you enhance the care you provide to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) members with asthma, diabetes, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, COPD; and help reduce morbidity and avoid complications associated with these chronic diseases.
Blue Care Connection supports the physician-patient relationship in the following areas:
- Using techniques to provide information to members with chronic conditions so they become informed, motivated patients who can self-manage; appropriately assess physician support and treatment; and minimize their morbidity, risk, and complications.
- Summarizing and disseminating current, nationally accepted Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Referring certain high-needs patients to BCBSNM case managers.
How will your patients benefit from Blue Care Connection?
- Educational resources
- Telephone reminders
- Classes and workshops
- Special monitoring equipment (such as peak flow meters and glucose monitors)
- Referrals to case management
- Access to diabetes programs offered by Certified Diabetes Educators in our network (physician referral may be required)
- Internet-base support through our Web site
Are patients charged for the Blue Care Connection programs?
No. There is no charge to BCBSNM members who are eligible for these programs.
Find information available to members for the following conditions:
For more information about Condition Management Programs, call 1-866-874-0912.
*Blue Care Connection (BCC) is available to most BCBSNM members; however, some BCC programs and services may not be available to individual plan members or to groups who selected another health services vendor. Members can verify if they have access to Blue Care Connection programs and services by calling the Customer Service number on the back of their ID card, or by contacting their employer group benefits administrator.