The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMS Innovation Center) is currently accepting applications for the Making Care Primary (MCP) Model . Interested organizations are encouraged to begin their applications even if they are not prepared to submit at this time; doing so helps CMS provide more tailored support to applicants.
Eligibility requirements and additional model details can be found in the Request for Applications (RFA) . Interested organizations must submit their application via web portal by Thursday, November 30 at 11:59 PM EST to be considered for the model.
A number of resources have been published to the MCP Model webpage to support applicants in their decision-making, including:
- Making Care Primary Model Overview Video and Model Overview Factsheet;
- Application Tracks Factsheet , which includes an example decision tree for track selection;
- Frequently Asked Questions ,which are updated on a rolling basis;
- a Payer Partner Factsheet and Payer Partners Guide to Alignment;
- as well as a CMS Innovation Center Primary Care Models Comparison
MCP will launch July 1, 2024, in eight states: Colorado, North Carolina, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Minnesota, Massachusetts and Washington, and will operate over a 10.5-year period. This model aims to strengthen coordination between patients’ primary care clinicians, specialists, social service providers, and behavioral health clinicians, to drive improved chronic disease prevention, fewer emergency room visits, and better health outcomes.
For questions about the Making Care Primary Model, please reach out to MCP@cms.hhs.gov . To stay up to date on upcoming model announcements, events, and resources, sign up for the Making Care Primary Model listserv .