About COVID-19 Costs
BCBSNM is waiving your share of the costs for COVID-19 testing and testing-related visits as required by applicable rules until at least the end of the COVID-19 public health emergency as declared by the federal government and the state of New Mexico.
For most plans*:
- Vaccinations are covered at no cost.
- Costs for over-the-counter diagnostic tests are described under “At-home testing,” above.
- Lab tests to diagnose COVID-19 are covered at no cost. (However, tests for things like return to work or school, travel and recreational event requirements may not be covered.)
- Testing-related visits are covered at no cost to you when you see a primary care provider in your health plan’s network, either in person or using telemedicine.
- Cost-sharing is also waived for COVID-19 treatment if you are a member in a fully insured group, individual, Medicare (excluding Part D), Medicare Supplement, or Medicaid plan.
- For BCBSNM fully insured group and Interagency Benefits Advisory Council (IBAC) members, there is no projected end date for the cost-sharing waivers for COVID-19 related testing and treatment.
- The FDA-authorized oral anti-viral prescription medicines to treat mild to moderate COVID-19 may be covered under your pharmacy benefit. These medicines are Paxlovid and Lagevrio (molnupiravir).** At this time, you won’t pay copays, coinsurance or deductibles. There is a limit of one course of treatment every 180 days per person.
- The federal government has launched a Test to Treat program to help individuals quickly access COVID-19 testing and treatment if they have a positive test result, including a list of nationwide pharmacy locations where prescriptions for these anti-viral medicines can be filled. Other available medications may be covered under your medical benefit. Talk to your doctor about your care options.
If you are unsure what your plan covers, contact your benefits administrator or call BCBSNM Customer Service at the number listed on your member ID card.
Remember to use your BCBSNM member ID card for your doctor’s visit and testing to help with the reimbursement process.
COVID-19 benefit coverage for testing and testing-related visits is available at least through the end of the public health emergency.