December 15, 2020
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) is excited to offer providers the ability to view, download and print the member's medical ID card online via the Availity Eligibility and Benefit Inquiry results (271 transaction). This new and more convenient option will be available for medical ID cards issued to BCBSNM members in Dec. 2020, making it easier to obtain the member's ID card for your records.
Please note that Federal Employee Program® (FEP®) member ID cards are not currently available in the Availity eligibility and benefits results.
How do you view the member ID card via Availity?
Viewing and printing the member ID card online is easy and consists of only five steps:
- Log into Availity
- Select Patient Registration from the navigation menu
- Select Eligibility and Benefit Inquiry, then complete and submit request
- Select the View Member ID Card from the top of the results screen, if available*
- View, download and print the BCBSNM ID card
* The online ID card is a courtesy feature offered to assist you. There may be instances when the BCBSNM member ID card is not readily available online. The eligibility and benefits response provides sufficient details to determine patient coverage and benefits in absence of an ID card.
Providers not yet registered with Availity can sign up today at Availity , at no charge. For registration assistance call Availity Client Services at 800-282-4548.
For More Information
Checking eligibility and/or benefit information is not a guarantee of payment. Benefits will be determined once a claim is received and will be based upon, among other things, the member's eligibility and the terms of the member's certificate of coverage applicable on the date services were rendered. If you have any questions, please call the number on the member's ID card.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSNM. BCBSNM makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services provided by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.