Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) recognizes the importance of strong community involvement and has successfully created a company culture based on the value of giving. For BCBSNM, community support occurs through a variety of volunteer and financial commitments. From sponsorship of projects related to BCBSNM health initiatives, to promoting employee volunteerism through the Blue Corps team, BCBSNM wants to be an active participant in the great state of New Mexico.
Through charitable giving, our organization connects with customers, community leaders, and policy makers who are interested in making New Mexico a healthier state. We respect all community-oriented projects but must limit our support. Please read the following information to see if your organization's project is a good fit for our funding priorities.
BCBSNM has a core mission of promoting accessible, cost-effective, quality health care for our customers. We feel that it is imperative to align our corporate giving and sponsorship decisions with this mission in an effort to achieving successful outcomes.
- Access to Care corporate contributions: Projects that increase awareness and understanding of access to care issues for uninsured and low-income households. Applicants must be able to demonstrate knowledge of health care access issues and related stakeholders, including providers, policy makers, and advocates. A strong media plan should be included with your application.
- Healthy Living/Wellness corporate contributions: Projects that increase awareness and understanding of healthy choices in the home and promote a healthy lifestyle. The issues surrounding the cost of health care are complex, but BCBSNM understands the physical and financial importance of living a healthy lifestyle. Applicants must be able to demonstrate accurate and clear information that is actionable. A strong media plan should be included with your application.
- Disease Management corporate contributions: Projects that increase awareness and understanding of living with chronic disease. The following areas are a priority for BCBSNM: diabetes, heart disease, breast cancer, and colon cancer. Applicants must be able to demonstrate knowledge of community-level disease management resources and tools, and be willing to help promote the importance of disease management programs available in the community.
- Biz Partner corporate contributions: Allows BCBSNM staff to build relationships with the business community and the provider community. Must be able to demonstrate audience demographics and allow for adequate brand visibility based on the level of financial commitment. Applicants must adhere to corporate brand identity standards.
BCBSNM partners with organizations that share our mission. We accept requests for corporate contributions from organizations that are:
- Defined as a nonprofit under the 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code
- Within the geographic service area of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico
- Government agencies and public school systems
BCBSNM is unable to offer funding for the following activities:
- Organizations or projects that discriminate against individuals based on race, gender, religion, or sexual preference
- Endowments or established trusts
- Sponsorship of unrelated charitable programs
- Sponsorship of youth athletics and related activities
- Deficit funding
- Grant requests larger than $5,000
New Funding Request: New requests must be submitted using our online application and all requests must be received 60 days prior to start date or event date.
Please view instructions about the online application process.
Start a new online application.
If you have questions or feedback, please e-mail us.
Returning User: Need to access a previous funding request? If you previously created an account and started or submitted a funding request, log in to access/view your request.
Thank you for considering BCBSNM as a potential partner.