We don’t want you to miss important information about your benefits and health coverage, that’s why we have the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (“BCBSNM”) text messaging program. By participating in the program, you will receive timely important information via text message on topics such as:
- Your coverage options and claims payment status
- Products and services available under your health plan
- Opportunity to provide feedback; and
- Ability to receive other documents
Interested in participating? You have 4 options for enrolling in the BCBSNM text message program:
1) You can provide your mobile phone number when you apply for coverage.
2) If you are a registered BAM user, you can enroll by logging in to your BAM account, going to the Preferences page and entering your mobile phone number.
3) If you are not a registered BAM user: You can also opt in to receive text messages via our Preferences page.
4) If you use our mobile application, you can also opt in there. Simply log in to the mobile app. and tap Settings and then Account Preferences to add your mobile number.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the mobile phone number that I submitted for text messaging?
To change your mobile phone number, go to your Mobile Preferences within your User Profile in BAM and enter a new number.
Can I opt out of text messages if I change my mind?
You can opt out of BCBSNM text messaging programs at any time by texting STOP. A confirmation message will be sent back to you.
Can I opt back in?
Yes. Just follow the same opt in process above if you decide you want to receive text messages again.
BCBSNM offers one-time text message programs as well as subscription text services on the short codes 222766 and 33633. These text messages may be either transactional alerts or contain informational content.
BCBSNM offers these text programs to provide information or resource links on some of the following but not exclusive topics: member coverage and health insurance education. Health related information provided is not meant to replace professional medical advice. Transactional information provided is valid only at the time the text message is sent and may change at a later time.
Some text message programs may include two-way text communications between BCBSNM and you. We take all appropriate measures to ensure the security of the information you send to us in these programs.
Text Messaging Terms and Conditions:
BCBSNM Short Codes are 222766 and 33633. BCBSNM reserves the right to change the Short Codes.
Not all mobile devices may be supported, and messages may not be deliverable in all areas. BCBSNM, its service providers, and mobile carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Message and data rates may apply.
Message frequency is recurring and varies based on user subscriptions and account setup.
You can opt-out of BCBSNM text messaging (SMS) programs at any time by texting STOP to cancel. A confirmation message will be sent back to you.
To request support at anytime, text HELP for help. For additional support call 1-888-706-0583.
None of your benefits or coverage are affected by your decision to receive text messages or not.
Messages will be sent to the phone number provided. In the event that you change or deactivate your mobile phone number, you agree to notify BCBSNM by the means described above.