Getting to Your Appointment
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) contracts with LogistiCare® for transportation services.* This includes rides to and from your doctor's office or a health care facility. You must be receiving covered services. LogistiCare will make sure your medical needs are approved before arranging the ride.
Trips must be medically necessary. Examples include rides to:
- Doctor appointments
Transportation is for Blue Cross Community Centennial members who have no other way to get to a doctor. This means you cannot walk, use mass transit, or drive yourself. If you can take yourself to the doctor, you must do so.
What is covered?
The following services are covered under Blue Cross Community Centennial:
If you need to travel to an approved appointment to another city or state, this plan may cover meals and lodging. All expenses must be coordinated and approved through Logisticare. You will need to fill out expense reports.
What is not covered?
You can only use this service for medical needs. Blue Cross Community Centennial does not cover rides:
- For non-medical needs (examples: to go shopping or to visit a friend)
- To go to a pharmacy or a medical supply store
- To see a provider who is more than 65 miles from where you live (without special authorization from BCBSNM)
- To see a provider who is outside our provider network (without special authorization from BCBSNM)
Contact LogistiCare to Schedule a Ride
• Reservations: 1-866-913-4342
• Ride Assist: 1-866-418-9829 (If you have questions about a ride that you've already scheduled, or if you need to cancel your ride)
• Hearing Impaired (TTY): 1-866-288-3133
• 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday–Friday
• Closed weekends and holidays
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Transportation Services
View FAQs to learn about requesting or changing a ride.
To learn more about transportation services, see the Member Handbook.
*Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico transportation services are administered by LogistiCare, LLC. Services are funded in part under a contract with the State of New Mexico.