Healthy Kids, Healthy Families (HKHF) is a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico grant initiative designed to improve the health and wellness of children and their families across the state of New Mexico. HKHF is part of an ongoing commitment to invest and partner with nonprofit organizations that offer sustainable, measurable programs in these four areas:
- Physical Activity
- Disease Prevention and Management
- Supporting Safe Environments
If your organization shares our goal to improve the health and wellness of children through these areas, we invite you to apply online.
In addition to aligning with one or more of the focus areas, we require criteria for review of all grant proposals:
- The organization must hold a 501 (c)(3) tax status
- The grant must primarily target individuals in New Mexico
- The program must be measurable and demonstrate how the goals will be met as defined in the grant proposal
If you have any questions, contact us.
Healthy Kids, Healthy Families Initiatives
Enhancing Care for Children with Asthma
Nearly 26 million Americans have asthma, including more than 7 million children. To help children across the state manage their asthma, the Enhancing Care for Children with Asthma initiative provides training and education for health care clinics. The initiative is dramatically improving health outcomes for children with asthma across the state.